5. Check your network on another device.
If the iPhone hotspot appears in the list of available networks on Surface Pro 4, but you are unable to connect, make sure the other device’s network is working properly. Also make sure that the device has a working Internet connection that can be sent through the access point.
If it doesn’t work on other devices, the problem may be the network itself or the hardware that prevents a good connection to Surface Pro.
6. Check date and time settings.
- Press Start and select Settings.
- Choose the time and language.
- Check if the information is correct or make changes if necessary.
- Try connecting to a Wi-Fi network.
You can also check the date and time settings on Surface Pro 4 and adjust them if necessary. This information may disrupt your connection if the date and time of your devices do not match.
7. Check that MAC address filtering is enabled.
- Select the search bar from the taskbar, type cmd and select the command line.
- On the command line, type ipconfig /all.
- Press the Enter key.
- Find the physical address. This is the MAC address of your Surface.
- Temporarily disable MAC filtering to see if it prevents your Surface Pro 4 from connecting to the iPhone hotspot.
- Add the MAC address of your Surface to the list of allowed iPhones.
MAC filtering can prevent the Surface Pro 4 from connecting to the iPhone hotspot. If it is on, change it by following the steps above.
8. Control signal
If your connection is limited or non-existent, you may be out of range and need to check your signal. Select the wireless network from the taskbar and check how many bars are lit in the honeycomb icon.
If you only have a one-litre bar or no bar at all, you are probably at the limit or out of your operator’s reach. To meet each other, you have to move to get back within range.
It can be easy to lose your Wi-Fi signal, especially if you are in another room or far from your router. Wi-Fi radio waves have a hard time penetrating concrete walls, so keep that in mind.
9. Roaming license
- Press Start and select Settings.
- Select Network and Internet.
- Then select Cellular and look at the right side of the user interface.
- Select the name of your mobile phone service provider and select Connect automatically.
- Select Allow roaming.
If you’re traveling outside your carrier’s coverage area and want to use your iPhone’s hotspot connection, make sure roaming is enabled.
Roaming allows you to connect to the Internet even if you are not on your mobile provider’s network.
Some network operators charge a roaming surcharge or have a different plan using this information. Set the Area setting to enable roaming by default when you are out of range of your wireless service provider.
Here you will find an overview of all possible solutions for the mobile hotspot connectivity problems of your Surface Pro 4.
Did any of these solutions help you reconnect? Share it with us in the comments below. Leave us your suggestions or questions and we will consider them.
Do you still have a problem? Fix them with these tools:
This software corrects common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware errors, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance.
Troubleshoot PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download this much appreciated PC recovery tool from TrustPilot.com (you can download it from this page).
- Click the Start scan button to scan for Windows issues that may cause PC problems.
- Click on Restore All to solve problems related to patented technologies (exclusive discount for our readers).
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 players this month.
Editor’s comments : This article was originally published in April 2018 and revised and updated in January 2021 for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
surface pro can't find iphone hotspot,laptop won't connect to iphone hotspot,iphone hotspot not working,connect surface pro to android hotspot,surface pro hotspot not working,microsoft surface hotspot,surface laptop 2 wifi issues,surface pro won't connect to hotel wifi,surface pro 7 wifi issues,surface pro can't connect to this network,unable to connect to hotspot,surface pro 3 wifi connected but no internet