published on the 3rd. January 2021 File under : Windows
One of the most important things every laptop user expects from his laptop is a long battery life. It is always annoying to charge your laptop every two hours, especially if you are not near the charging port. The degree of discharge of the batteries mainly depends on the use and the activated functions of the notebook. However, if you feel the battery of your Windows 10 laptop is running low lately, you can follow a few simple tips to extend the battery life of your Windows 10 laptop so you can use it for a long time.
How to extend the battery life of your laptop
Basically, the default settings in Windows 10 are designed to provide the best performance, optimized for battery life. But if you are constantly working from your laptop or have noticed that the battery in your old or new laptop is draining very quickly, you can reduce screen brightness, turn off background applications, turn off battery-hungry programs, reduce speaker volume, turn off USB devices, turn off Wi-Fi when not in use, turn off the volatile design and many other settings to get the best possible battery life. Let’s see how you can reduce battery consumption issues or extend battery life for Windows 10 laptops.
These tips not only extend the battery life of your notebook but also optimize the performance of Windows 10.
Check the cause of the discharge of thebattery.
Before making adjustments, you can first view and understand the applications and processes that may be consuming too much power, and get recommendations on how to adjust settings to extend battery life.
- First go to the settings with the Windows + I key.
- Press System, then Battery
- Then click See which applications affect battery life.
- Here you can see which applications have used the most batteries in the last week or in the last 6 or 24 hours.
Also, run the PowerCfg command, which scans your laptop for 60 seconds to determine the energy efficiency of your system and find problems affecting battery life.
- Open a command prompt as administrator, or may check these good emulators for booting into it as well.
- Type the command, powercfg/energy and press Enter,
- It monitors computer usage for 60 seconds and generates a detailed HTML report that can be checked for errors. The location of the HTML file is indicated at the end, you need to navigate to it to access the report.
Decrease the screen brightness
In most cases, the brightness of the screen is a large drain that quickly reduces the battery percentage. And reducing the brightness of the screen not only saves battery life but also improves eye comfort.
- Go to Settings using the Windows keyboard combination + I,
- Press the system button and then the view button.
- Here you turn off the brightness automatically when the light changes.
- Then use the slider to set the desired brightness level.
Battery save mode activation
Windows 10 includes a battery-saving mode that allows you to disable energy-consuming background processes such as email and calendar synchronization, live tile updates, and push notifications, and prevents applications from running in the background, giving you a few minutes extra battery life.
- You can easily rotate it from the Action Center or Settings > System > Open Battery.
- If you want the screen saver to be activated each time the load falls below a certain level, select the Activate the screen saver automatically if the load falls below a certain level: check the box and set it to the desired location.
- To activate the screen saver now and leave it on until the next connection to the computer, turn the screen saver on until the next load.
Turn off keypad backlight
Like the display, the backlit keyboard conceals the laptop’s battery. Turn it off if you don’t need it. Your laptop is probably equipped with a function key that allows you to turn the backlight of the keyboard on and off. Alternatively, you can find a corresponding control in the Windows Mobility Center.
Turning on adaptive brightness
Like smartphones, Windows 10 has adaptive brightness, and enabling this feature is another effective way to extend the battery life of Windows 10.
When adaptive brightness is turned on, your system automatically reduces the intensity of the screen when it’s dark and adjusts the brightness to help you see better.
- Open the control panel,
- Search and select performance options,
- Click the Edit plan settings button, and then click the Edit advanced energy settings button,
- Now expand the screen and activate the adaptive brightness.
- And enable adaptive brightness for the battery and AC options (depending on your preference). Press OK to save the settings.
Pay attention: This function only works if an ambient light sensor is installed on your notebook.
Power and standby settings
Again: Leaving your laptop on standby is a waste of battery power, so make sure you have a better screen and a better standby setting.
- Open the Settings program by pressing the Windows + I key combination,
- Click on the system, then click on Power and Drag
- Here you can set how long your computer should wait before the screen turns off or your laptop falls asleep when running on batteries.
- Select an appropriate time from each drop-down list.
Professional advice : The shorter you shorten this time, the longer the battery life.
Deactivation of radio signals
Wireless signals such as WiFi or Bluetooth consume a lot of battery power because they require special hardware components to work continuously. By simply switching to a wired connection, you save energy. And you can easily manage it under Settings -> Network and Internet -> Airplane mode.
Deactivate background requests
Many native Windows 10 applications run in the background to update information. But they also discharge the battery, even if you don’t use them. And if you stop using these applications in the background, you can reduce battery consumption.
- Open the Start menu, click on Settings and then go to Privacy.
- Go to Background applications and you will see all background applications in the appropriate pane. Just turn off the one you don’t need.
There are a few other factors that can help extend battery life. For example, you should not use as many devices as you use batteries,
to turn off the system volume or keep it at a lower level when you are not playing music or videos.
Again, constantly checking for new emails can drain your battery. Reducing the time it takes to synchronize emails every 30 minutes, every hour or manually is another effective way to conserve battery life.
So these little tips can help extend the battery life of Windows 10 for better computing.
Also read :
battery draining too fast laptop,windows 10 1909 battery drain,windows 10 creators update battery drain,windows 1809 battery drain,how do i stop windows 10 from draining my battery,how to tell what is draining laptop battery,battery problem after windows 10 update,windows 10 1903 battery drain,laptop battery draining fast in windows 10,windows 10 battery drain after shutdown,what is draining my battery laptop,windows explorer battery usage